Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Ciaran

Sure, Checking this now. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

OK, checked the flow and got the new checkout, so looks good, variables being passed look good as well. 

I've also checked the account on our side to see if the old checkout flow was used from November 1st and cannot see anything there so all in all, it looks good Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot!

But, then why did we get a warning email?

These are all of our sites/stores:

EN
DE
JP
FR
ES

We only got warning for JP, but apparently all is good?

Thank you for the effort!

P.S.

how can it be that we get old checkout interface and you get new?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

I checked the JP flow and got the new interface, also variables look good as well. 

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing, and the URL from the PayPal.com page you see?

Login to Me Too

papertee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi MTS_Ciaran, would you mind to take a look on my case too? (thread:12-13-2016 12:51 PM)

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Send me over the link and I'll test it out. 

Login to Me Too

papertee
Contributor
Contributor

http://paper-tee.com/index.php?main_page=login

Please use the following password to reach the checkout page.

Email Address: rightemptyATyahoo.com.hk (sorry the forum don't let me post email address)

Password:12345

On the "Checkout :: Payment Method" page, you may select PayPal for payment.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks for details.... 

I've checked the flow and all looks good from what I can see, no fallback to the legacy flow and variables look good. The only one I see that's not technically supported anymore is the "MRB" variable, but shouldnt cause fallback.

Outside of that I've checked your account and can see that there was a few fall backs in November related to "amount" issues, not sure specifically but I suspect the cause was due to passing the currency symbol or a comma in the amount e.g. the following would cause fallback:

amount = $1.00 or

amount = 1,000.00

Login to Me Too

papertee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the help.

Login to Me Too

Pantom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

so, loading screen:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and url: 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=5E416631GM521993T&useraction=commit&rm=1&xclick_params=b...

and final screen:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

with url:

https://www.paypal.com/ch/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=649q2zWaVxK3RkJ6SuJoAbrdrgigNW3_zct_lgC4c...

However, yesterday morning I made a purchase and I had this screen, and after that when I was testing I got new checkout screen! My colleague still gets this screen.

Thanks a lot

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.