Setup Payments on My Website

AlchemicSeer
New Community Member

I am really confused. I used Mal's E-Commerce for my shopping cart at my website https://alchemic-seer.com and I used this same 3rd Party about a decade ago with Paypal for my aesthetics spa business. Today I logged in and am being told to set up payments on my website. The link of the Help guide is not functioning when I went to the Help section. Several portions of the Paypal website come up with 404 errors when I need help. My Merchant ID is linked to my shopping cart. No clue what needs to be done further. I also set up a donation for my business. Can someone explain to me what this is because I did not have this step that I remember whatsoever with my first online business website and I'm beyond lost. This is entirely Greek to me and I need it explained as if I were a five year old or massive assistance!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AlchemicSeer
New Community Member

Never mind. I just paid myself as a test run of my shopping cart. The home page is utterly confusing at present and very misleading. I am trying to not vent on the forums, but I really wish it was not telling me I need to set up something when I already have. This creates unnecessary stress and makes a business owner think something went wrong between Mal's E-Commerce and Paypal when the entire shopping process is working just fine once tested live. No one needs to reply to this and my apologies if I seem rude. It's nearly 10 pm I wanted to have a stress free evening so I'm a little triggered.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

AlchemicSeer
New Community Member

Never mind. I just paid myself as a test run of my shopping cart. The home page is utterly confusing at present and very misleading. I am trying to not vent on the forums, but I really wish it was not telling me I need to set up something when I already have. This creates unnecessary stress and makes a business owner think something went wrong between Mal's E-Commerce and Paypal when the entire shopping process is working just fine once tested live. No one needs to reply to this and my apologies if I seem rude. It's nearly 10 pm I wanted to have a stress free evening so I'm a little triggered.

Login to Me Too

alizaki
Contributor
Contributor

To get started, go to PayPal's Website Payment Standard, which can be accessed through their Start Selling Now button. While you are there, you'll need to register for an account (if you don't already have one). When I was setting up my blog to take payments, PayPal had a promotion where new users received $5 off their first transaction by entering P55OFF. Also note that Point of Sale systems work on the honor system, so anyone can go out and create an account without being a business owner. It's basically free money for PayPal if they can sucker people into registering for their service!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.