Paypal payment standard for Magento 2

kiraschukvasyl
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon!
I am trying to implement Paypal payment standard with debit and credit card payments.
I followed the guide https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/commerce-admin/stores-sales/payments/paypal/paypal-payments-....
and when creating the URL for payment, I see only 2 options on the PayPal side – login and create account. Maybe something else needs to be configured in order to be able to pay by card as a guest?
Buyer Country: Switzerland

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @kiraschukvasyl,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. 

It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction.

To receive guest checkout payments :

Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "yes" .

If your website(built via third party platform) processing payments via "Express Checkout" integration, I request to please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide link - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behaviour of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @kiraschukvasyl,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. 

It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction.

To receive guest checkout payments :

Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "yes" .

If your website(built via third party platform) processing payments via "Express Checkout" integration, I request to please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide link - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behaviour of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.