PayPal Buttons

Far_and_Near
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a Business Account and want to create Buy Now PayPal Buttons for a few different digital products that require different amounts to pay.

But I cannot find the place where all this can be done easily according to videos done by businesses a few months back.

If I go the Account Settings>Website Payment>PayPal Buttons> and click on Update I get taken to PayPal Developer and the closest option is the Copy and Paste pay links and buttons that has the Build Now button.
But all this does when I click on it is take me to the Smart Button option that then takes me back to the Developer in a circular fashion.

There is further down under the Developer Copy and Paste Docs page the Build Pay Links and Buttons text which says:

1. Log in to your PayPal business account. Select the Pay link or button to see a page to build your pay link and button.
2. Pick your settings. Add required information such as Pricing and Product name.
3. Optional: Add information such as Shipping fee and Tax rate %.
4. Select Change the look and feel to modify the look and feel of payment method options from a list of colors and styles. You'll get a preview of how the information you entered will look as a button, payment link, or QR code.
5. Select Build it. Copy and paste the buttons, pay links, or QR codes wherever you need them.

That is what I want to do, but there is no Pay link or Button under 1. above FOR ME to see a page to build Pay Links and Buttons.

Can you help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @Far_and_Near,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community. The PayPal Pay Links and buttons is just about to be released fully globally. It is currently being tested in several countries. I will get your PayPal Account enabled for early adoption, so you have it available. Please allow a few days for this to be enabled.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @Far_and_Near,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community. The PayPal Pay Links and buttons is just about to be released fully globally. It is currently being tested in several countries. I will get your PayPal Account enabled for early adoption, so you have it available. Please allow a few days for this to be enabled.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

SandyHHK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I see in the account setting how to set up the redirect page when a buyer makes a purchase on my site. However, I have a couple of questions:

1. when a buyer is sent to the redirect page, what information about the purchase does PayPal send?
  2. how do I capture this information
  3. and also, can I have additional parameters sent as well based upon the item that was purchased (or is that part of the info that is sent already

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @SandyHHK,

Thank you for your post. Currently the auto return feature is not available on the Payment links and buttons. However, the PayPal Product Developers do have this on the roadmap, so it will be a feature in the future.

You should be able to see the information from the payment in the transaction details as well as in an email notification.

For your last question, the text box option is currently available in the pricing option, "Customer sets the price". This allows your customers to send you specific details for the order.

MTS_Jennifer_1-1710964549835.png

For the option "Customer picks from a list" you can add additional details in the drop down list. For instance if you have clothing in multiple sizes and colors, you can include that in the options, and price.

Below is a screenshot:

MTS_Jennifer_0-1710964455168.png

Additional troubleshooting can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/help1137

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.