Instant Payment Notification

rhubarbexpert
Contributor
Contributor

I have a php script working (brand new) where the customer says they want 1, 2 or 3 bundles of rhubarb, 5 lbs each.  I get their name and email then they select the day and time to come pick up their order - covid-19, separation, masks, etc. - [ You have asked to buy X bundles for $Y.yy ], they click [ Buy Now ] and they're taken to PayPal.  They complete the order and are sent back to my script purret.php  That script updates my Mysql DB that they have paid - then sends them to a thank you page. 

Problem:  I get 2 PP returns to purret.php.  One has an array(42) with the information i need/want and a second return of array(0).

In my code I have a "input type=hidden",  in PP at profile-ipn-notify I have IPN set to Yes and in PP at preferences/website I have auto-return set to yes.  All three pointing to my url purret.php.   If I remove the "input" line, set either of the PP configs to No, I get nothing and the customer is not returned to my site.  I guess my paranoia is that the second IPN could **bleep** things up.

Do I have a problem? or should I just program if (array.size == 0) exit;

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rhubarbexpert
Contributor
Contributor

... and with that I figured it out - IPN is one thing and Auto Return is another and thou shalt not combine - is no-no

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.