How to view/edit payment buttons?

AquamanIX
Contributor
Contributor

I used to go main>pay and get paid>buttons

but now I cannot find the path to view or edit my buttons. I found a link that works and bookmarked it, but it seems kind of strange that I can not for the life of me figure out how to view/edit my existing buttons from my paypal dashboard.

Please don't just give me a link to the buttons page, I want to know where the path to get there myself went.

\

Is paypal phasing out buttons? I honestly don't know how else to collect payments without sending my clients an email containing a link generated by a button.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

AquamanIX
Contributor
Contributor
Wish I could help. I assume from your wording you had buttons before that you can't access now? I had thought that in order to have buttons you had to create a seller profile or something. -- I just went back into an older personal account to see what I could see. Using chrome on Android, I first accessed desktop mode via the chrome browser drop down menu. If you're unfamiliar with this feature it's a great way to get more functionality from some websites with limited mobile browser functions. Forgive me if you already know all that. From there, I hit the little settings gear icon in top right. This made a secondary menu appear along the top, where "seller options" is over on the right side. That opens up a page where "PayPal buttons" is a clickable option. Not sure if this will work for you but it's the best I got.
Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your suggestion; more, for your time and courtesy! Yes, we had many buttons from our old ebay days.  I only use desktop, no luck with buttons, and, hubby gave up, and bought a whole shopping cart system he can use on all our selling sites. I feel terrible, he made 26 sales in first 5 days that we'd rather have gone through paypal; name recognition and all.  I thought I was good at finding things these past 20+ yrs, but not buttons at paypal. So, we live and learn. Had to give permission to euthanize beloved pet on same day we "abandoned" paypal after two decades. So, the association will always be there. The Brits have a word that rhymes with vankers, lol.  Anyway, I see you've responded to other people, too. You're very kind, I wish you a million smiles.

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Another "business account"  answer from Moderator, who persisted in avoiding an answer for non-business-account holders. After 5 wks of waiting for someone at Paypal to tell us where our dozens & dozens buttons were, we couldn't delay launching the company, so, after 3 accounts in 20 yrs, hubby decided he had to go elswhere. Shame, really. Paypal was awesome for over a decade.  Thanks to account holders who've made numerous suggestions. Kind of you to share, so, extra good energy to "youse guys." 🙂 -- PS:  SEVEN SEPARATE ATTEMPTS TO VERIFY pitiful captcha.

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies, that's a poor answer. It requires one to have a Business Account.  Do you not understand yet why so many continue to ask for Paypal buttons to be viewable by non-Business Account holders?  It's an easy fix.  How about it, Paypal?

Login to Me Too

cd123456789
New Community Member

PAYPAL, PLEASE ADD BACK BUTTONS INTO THE MENU!!!  MOST OF US ARE SMALL NON-PROFITS OR BUSINESSES AND DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SEARCH AND SEARCH.  I HAVE BEEN USING BUTTONS ON MY WEBSITE FOR  YEARS AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL OR UPDATE THAT THIS WILL CHANGE, SO WHY THE ELUSIVE BLOCKING OF THE BUTTONS?  ANYONE SICK OF PAYPAL AND THEIR GAMES?

Login to Me Too

AquamanIX
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I do it I have to struggle to remember. It's not intuitive.

>Upper right click your account name drop down

>Account settings

Left menu > website payments

Main screen menu - PayPal buttons > update

That does it for me these days. It's not intuitive. I click the wrong left screen option about 50% of the time because I remember "payment" and there's 2 options. Why they made it like four confusing clicks deep is beyond me when it used to be an easy 2 clicks through the "pay & get paid" drop down menu.

Login to Me Too

Swoliwa
New Community Member

This method works. For now. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Do you have a Business Acc't? I ask because these simple instructions you've provided don't work for me. (No NAME to click on in upper right, and no "Left Menu" to choose "Website Payments."  Wow.  Just as amazing is that Paypal moderators repeatedly provide the wrong answer for non-Business Acc't holders.  #smh. Thank you for any clarifying info you might provide.

Login to Me Too

digitalist
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, you (and I) don't make enough profit for Paypal to maintain that no-expense courtesy.  I'm guessing Jennifer's too embarrassed to advise us thus, so we keep getting responses that are appropriate only to Business Account holders?  Who knows? I keep delaying on finding alternative to Paypal, but admit that notes like yours remind me to get busy soon. Buttons are so vital, aren't they? 🙂 Best wishes.

Login to Me Too

FrenchOnSkype

This solution doesn't work for many: Chrome on Apple Mini.
I can't edit my buttons. I have special and can't access the link to use it in my emails today. I talked to someone at PayPal who gave me 48 hours ETA to solve the problem, but it's still not solved. Please advise. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.