Error why pasting PayPal button Code

s43_M
Contributor
Contributor
As i pasted the button code into edit HTML editor of blogger app by Google I got parsing error that at column 67 of the line with <script src="http//...... sb&currency=USD" the entity "currency" must end with ";" delimiter. As i put a ";" delimiter i got another error that entity has referenced but not declared. Any idea that how can I resolve?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @s43_M 

This sounds like something Google should help with, as they own the app (and its parsing mechanism). 

A shot in the dark, as I've never used it, but have you tried replacing all & with & ?

If this doesn't work, I'd be tempted to URL-encode the entire button URL, just to see how the app reacts. Sometimes, parsers have a problem with a specific set of characters and these have to be escaped in a certain way, be it through URL-encoding or with another character (forward slash, frequently).

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @s43_M 

This sounds like something Google should help with, as they own the app (and its parsing mechanism). 

A shot in the dark, as I've never used it, but have you tried replacing all & with & ?

If this doesn't work, I'd be tempted to URL-encode the entire button URL, just to see how the app reacts. Sometimes, parsers have a problem with a specific set of characters and these have to be escaped in a certain way, be it through URL-encoding or with another character (forward slash, frequently).

Login to Me Too

s43_M
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I would try to find a way ad you've suggested.
Login to Me Too

s43_M
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, @MTS_MichaelL. I have followed your advice and worked.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.