Disable accepting credit cards through PayPal checkout

Michael000148
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've used PayPayl for around a decade for merchant services to accept payments on my website. I use PayPal but primarily push accepting credit cards through another payment processor that is not PayPal, due to extra fraud prevention features that another payment processor has.

Unfortunately, PayPal is highly used for fraud by people using credit cards then issuing chargebacks to get free service. They do this and avoid using my primary card processor which has rules in place to prevent this fraud.

Is it possible to force PayPal to only accept PayPal balance or only accept card payments from VERIFIED PayPal accounts via checkout on my website?

I am tired of taking losses simply because I accept PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @Michael000148,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. Customers/buyers need to create PayPal account to process the payments. 

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

Please follow below steps: 

Disable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "off" .

Note : This feature is available for buy now, donations, and shopping cart buttons, but not for subscription buttons. Learn more

If you have integrate latest Smart button REST API product on your website, please contact your website developer or the third party platform eCommerce to pass the "disable-funding" parameter. 

Guide link - https://developer.paypal.com/sdk/js/configuration/#link-disablefunding 

Example : 

<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID&disable-funding=card"> </script>

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.