Add customer name to checkout field

AdvanGyn
New Community Member

How can I require a customer's name (or account #) when accepting website payments for a service?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kangas99
New Community Member

Hello, I also have this same issue. The solution above only works if the Paypal account is held in is the same as the name of the member for our organization (product being purchased is a membership). We have many instances where the Paypal payment comes through from an account name nothing like our member's name and we cannot reconcile the payments to the invoice, without going back to the person who made the payment and asking whose membership they are paying. 

We also wondered if a field can be added for something like "Membership Name" to our Paypal checkout, to facilitate reconciliation? 

I know there's a 'message' field, but that is an optional field and not many customers use it. 

Thankyou!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Carlos

Hi @AdvanGyn,

By default PayPal will collect and pass to you, the payer (buyer) email address, first name and last name when processing any transaction for a personal payment, payment for service or payment for goods. You can view this information in the Activity page of your PayPal account and by clicking on blue hyperlink of the transaction. 

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too
Solved

Kangas99
New Community Member

Hello, I also have this same issue. The solution above only works if the Paypal account is held in is the same as the name of the member for our organization (product being purchased is a membership). We have many instances where the Paypal payment comes through from an account name nothing like our member's name and we cannot reconcile the payments to the invoice, without going back to the person who made the payment and asking whose membership they are paying. 

We also wondered if a field can be added for something like "Membership Name" to our Paypal checkout, to facilitate reconciliation? 

I know there's a 'message' field, but that is an optional field and not many customers use it. 

Thankyou!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.