Accepting payments via credit card disappears

kellymaj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am busy launching my website on wix and I choose to accept payments via Paypal or via credit card secured by Paypal. 

The issue I am experiencing is the following: Whenever a customer checks out in order to purchase a product the option "or pay via credit card" does not always appear and so the only option they have to pay is if they have an existing paypal account or if they create a new one. 

I checked my settings on my paypal business account and I could see that in the website preferences the section "Paypal account optional" was on. 

I really need to make sure that option "or pay via credit card" is always visible, otherwise I am going to lose customers. 

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @kellymaj,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit) is not applicable for all users. It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction. PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behavior of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

HKPC
New Community Member

Hello Paypal,

I am facing the same problem. We used to have no problem with accepting payments via credit card only, and all of the sudden this is no longer possible. How can you just casually decide to disable this feature for us?

Can you please get back to me and let me know how I can reinstate this? Otherwise paypal renders useless for our purposes and forcing customers to set up paypal is not an option.

Thank You,

Hong Kong Pony Club

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.