Trouble with Mobile Check Deposits

sakamp
New Community Member

I downloaded the PayPal mobile app for my Android because I wanted to use the check deposit feature. And it worked the first time with a $100 check. Since then I have tried to deposit numerous checks of different amounts and have gotten an error message each time. I have been trying for over a month now, and when I went to look for help I couldn't find a phone number to contact customer support. So I am hoping that someone in this forum can either help me solve the problem or give me a number to call for help.

Thank You

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

cutti
New Community Member

I am having similar problems except my "add a check" button is grayed out.? It let me deposite two small checks and then grayed out. I reintalled the app and it is still stuck.?

Login to Me Too

mrdocjb
New Community Member
Spoiler

Wow, no replys to these two good questions!?

I found there is a limit on the dollar amount that I can deposit. Is there a way to increase this amount?

Login to Me Too

morganlilith
New Community Member

i'm having a similar problem.    i successfully added a check last month, after dozens of tries.   i am now trying to add another check and after two days of trying i'm getting pretty frustrated.  

my phone is a motorola blur and i have the android version of paypal mobile.   the phone has a 3mp camera, but the app appears to limit it to 1mp.   i have not been able to find a way to change that setting.    the errors i'm getting alternate between stating that the image is blurry or that the account info at the bottom of the check are unreadable.  i have re-taken these photos hundreds of times,   and i'm not finding any changes in lighting, background, etc to make any difference.  

i have seen several instances of other people having this problem and it seems that the questions aren't being answered.  if this can be resolved,  i would spread the news of this feature far and wide.   but so far it's turning into a huge disappointment.  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

juttycombs
New Community Member

I downloaded the paypal app, logged in fine, and cannot add checks. At all. I have tried over three dozen times. Trying to get all the relevant info off of a business check is impossible. It won't all fit. I have emailed paypal multiple times and all the said was to make sure the info is clear. I can get the info clear but it won't get the enitre check in the pic. Then the second email said "take it to your bank". How the **bleep** is that gonna help put it on my paypal account?? I am trying to use your dumb product and you are telling me to go away?? They need to fix this problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to see that the Community hasn't had answers for your questions, but let's see what we can do.

@sakamp - What are the error messages you're seeing? Under what circumstances? I know your post was from a while ago, but if you're still encountering problems, more details would help us get to the bottom of things.

@cutti - If all you've deposited were two small checks, and you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I'm kind of at the end of any general troubleshooting I could do. I would suggest contacting Customer Solutions so that any additional account-specific troubleshooting can be done, and a report can be filed with our technicians if necessary.

@mrddocjb - You can capture up to $1000 per day, and up to $3000 among no more than 30 checks per month. These limits do not change.

@morganlilith - an image of a check should not need to be more than 1mp. Larger images may be too much data to send quickly along with thousands of other checks, so it may be that they won't work within the check approval system we use. Have you tried a tripod, or resting your camera on something stationary like a stack of books? I know that my photos have a tendency to blur a bit, and doing that helps considerably.

@juttycombs - Business checks are indeed too long to frame successfully in a picture most of the time. I regret that you are experiencing an obstacle to depositing these checks into your PayPal account. For checks that either can't be photographed successfully, or don't pass the review, other methods of redemption are typically necessary.

I hope this helps everyone! Please contact Customer Solutions if additional troubleshooting is necessary. You can reach CS by clicking Contact Us after logging into your PayPal account, and clicking Call Us.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jim1945
Contributor
Contributor

I deposited two checks satisfactorily, then the next time I got the message "Unable to get check transaction list:".   I have contacted PayPal Customer Service and they stopped replying.   It has been over a month and still no solution.  They said uninstall and reinstall.  I did that about a dozen times with no luck.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Jim1945,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into an error. What type of device are you using?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jim1945
Contributor
Contributor

Android X.

Login to Me Too

AndyF150
Contributor
Contributor

I have been able to successfully deposit two checks within the last couple of days. The checks have cleared my bank account but haven't been credited to my Paypal account. I was wondering when the funds are going to be released.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.