useless system

dangerousdave
Contributor
Contributor

Just got stung by paypal here.

i run an FCA registered financial services firm. i need to take card payments from clients.

bought online.

took delivery and set it up - registered and it says the application been declined.

i've had a company paypal account for 1+ year with no issues.

i'm a limited company - trading 4 years with healthy profit, and bank balance.

banked Natwest 4+ years.

i have to get a personal credit report every 12 months and having just done that i know it is perfect.

i've never done a company search, but i assume as i don't have any credit outstanding for the company there wlll be no issue there.

my bank account is registered to home.

my accountants is the registered office for companies house.

i'm lost as to what the problem is, and i cannot do a company credit search.

Paypal said it failed credit check!!!! won't tell me why, and that i have to wait 90 days before i reapply.

any suggestions? or should i move onto a proper bank as it seems Paypal don't give a stuff?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dangerousdave
Contributor
Contributor

ps- i had to send all my ID, proof of address to them when i first the paypal account up, and there were no issues then.

seems bizarre that they allowed me to buy the card reader before agreeing the use of it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi dangerousdave, 

Thanks for reaching out, this sounds frustrating. 

Happy to escalate this to the PayPal Here team, I will ask that they reach out to you with an update directly!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.