Software update for the paypal here card reader

mertilmoo
New Community Member

Hello there i have just brought a paypal here card reader from the apple shope and was all excited utill the update message came up but it wont do it. Im using an i phone 5 and the upadte wont insall. I just saysthere is a p2pe problem !!!! any help would be great as the phone wont pick up on paypal.

Mertilmoo

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi mertilmoo,

Are you still experiencing issues?

If so I would suggest you reboot the reader by pressing the small hole on the side of the reader with a pin and re-attempting the software upgrade through the app.

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Bigbru
Contributor
Contributor

hiya, i keep getting the same message requiring software update and when i do the update it says successfull then i get the same message again. going round in circles here!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Bigbru,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with this. 

If this happens, you will be prompted to do so when you log into the App and your card reader is paired to your smartphone or iPad. Please follow these steps to ensure that the upgrade is performed successfully.

1.   Log into your PayPal Here App
  2.   Connect your card reader to a power source
  3.   Make sure you are connected to the wifi to start the software upgrade

Please allow up to 20 minutes to complete the upgrade. If you are still experiencing issues please let us know.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Spookyanne
New Community Member

Hello,

I am also having the same problem and have done all the suggestions with no effect.  I now have a card reader that is useless and although I had clients yesterday that needed to pay by card I was unable to actually charge them.  Its a problem when I don't actually charge until after I have provided the service......  Lucky day for clients expensive experience for my business.

I have an iphone 6 and ios 9.1

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Spookyanne, 

Sorry to hear this. 

Can you firstly try these steps https://www.paypal-social.com/bluetooth/

Let us know how you get on.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Tendersong
Contributor
Contributor

I was experiencing a similiar issue with an LG G Pad II lg-v498 but was able to get it to finally work!

If you are having issues with it pairing but not actually being aknowledged by PayPal Here, follow these steps to see if it helps.

Unpair Chip card reader from phone/tablet and/or set to "Forget"

Uninstall PayPal Here

Restart phone/tablet

Use a paper clip and pushin and hold down the small button next to the power button on the Chip card reader.

Select option 3 when the menu comes up on the Chip card reader to Factory Reset the device

Once the reset is complete, re-download PayPal Here to your phone/tablet

After the installation is complete, put the Chip Card reader into bluetooth connect mode and re-connect it to your phone/tablet

Open Paypal Here and you should see a message stating it is connecting.

I believe there is an update to PayPal Here that doesn't show up when you try to use the "Update" option when already installed on some devices, but if you remove the app and re-download it, it should download the newest version.

Hopefully this works for some people!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek

Tendersong School of Music

www.tendersong.com

Login to Me Too

PhilRP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that, yours was the only solution that worked.  Not the first time I've found PayPal technology and interfaces clunky...

Login to Me Too

JWilliamson
New Community Member

I have been told to perform a software updat via email but when I start up the app and pair with the card reader as usual, the update process does not start automatically and there does not appear to be a way to start it within the app.

My iphone 6 is up to date with software upgrades etc.

My PayPal card reader no longer takes payments so the update is obviously required.

Can you help?

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi JWilliamson.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are still experiencing difficulties with your PayPal Here card reader, can you please call us on<removed> or <removed> and our PayPal Here team can assist you further.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.