Cancel this piece of #@&^% Warning! DO NOT apply for this card!

cuincr
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the card for less than a month. Who needs another headache? So what's the best way to cancel the PayPal Plus Card card - so it doesn't affect your credit score negatively? PayPal says to cancel the card by clicking on Lost or Stolen to deactivate it. What? That's what I was told. It's gonna be like herpes - it wont go away! Another prime example of PayPal's leash on YOUR life. Always PayPal is never wrong - because their policies are created, passed and carried out by mindless patriarchs with no integrity.  As Judge, Jury and Trial, PayPal sits on the throne - right next to God calling the shots. I'm totally sick of this evil company and it's evil partners. They seem to be spreading at an enormous rate contaminating the online shopping checkouts in abundance!  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

slymo
Contributor
Contributor

If you cancel the account yourself it will show up on your credit report as "cancelled by consumer" or something like that.  That's not a negative.  If it says that it was cancelled by the institution then it's bad.

Login to Me Too

cuincr
Contributor
Contributor

If PayPal reports my card Lost or Stolen (as how they want me to deactivate (not just close it) the account, that may send a cue to all credit reporting agencies. Identity theft is triggered by Lost and Stolen cards - this will cause havoc for +30 days with the credit bureaus until I clear them - one at a time. You know - as long as there is no inconvenience to PayPal (they sit next to God remember), why should the eBay monopoly care! I say put PayPal and their Plus in the trash where they both belong. Use Google checkout for shopping!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I apologize you seem to be having troubles with the PayPal Plus Credit account.  These accounts are hosted by the credit company GE Money.   If you would like to cancel this type of account, please contact GE money by calling them at the customer service number on the monthly statement you receive or the number on the back of your card.

This customer support will be able to provide you the necessary information on how to close the account with the least impact on your credit.

Have a wonderful day!

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.