using my ebay card at retail stores

stbrown
Contributor
Contributor

i just regesitered my debit card and sign up for the paypal preferred rewards to earn 1% cash back  so now that i have completed that  am i able to use my card at retail stores such as walmart etc. and if so do i run it as a credit card

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

If you have successfully completed the sign up process, you will earn cash back on payments that are essentially run as "credit."  You will not earn cashback on:

- transactions where you enter your PIN

- ATM withdrawals

- Over the counter signature based cash withdrawals

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

stbrown
Contributor
Contributor

how do i know if my card regiestered successfully for the cash back rewards?  and do i just run it as a credit card at the retail store and also some store do ask if you want cash back but is that only if you run it as a debit card not credit . some of these answers are not real clear in the wording and also does the cash back go in to your paypal  account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@stbrown wrote:

how do i know if my card regiestered successfully for the cash back rewards? 

Go to Profile > PayPal Debit Card.  If you haven't signed up for cash back, there will be a link under the summary to sign up. 

@stbrown wrote:

and do i just run it as a credit card at the retail store and also some store do ask if you want cash back but is that only if you run it as a debit card not credit .

Yes, select credit when running the card.  If you enter your PIN number, you will not earn cash back.

@stbrown wrote:

also does the cash back go in to your paypal  account?

Yes, the cash back deposits into your PayPal account balance on a monthly basis.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.