applying for a paypal debit card

seanxkw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I would like to apply for a paypal debit card but got declined as I don't have my social security number on this site for age verification  I have a verified account through  bank I thought I could still get it because of that.  I am 21 how do you fix this issue

Sean

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

minuteman1994

Please link to www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal-Harvesting-Social-Security-Numbers-WARNIN... and use one of the other two methods of verifying your identity.  NON-BANK entities other than the several States and the Federal government are prohibited from requiring your Social Security number by the Privacy Act of 1974. 

Login to Me Too

minuteman1994

I just checked my link and it is bad.  Iam going to try www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal- Harvesting-Social=Security.

Login to Me Too

minuteman1994

Now I know that it is passed my bedtime.  Let me see if www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal-Harvesting-Social-Security works.

Login to Me Too

minuteman1994

I hope that www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal-Harvesting-Social-Security-Numbers-WARNIN... works.  I have the indicator that it is a site that I have previously visited.  Good luck with your upcoming project.

Login to Me Too

minuteman1994

This is an accurate URL:  https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Debit-Mastercard/PayPal-Harvesting-Social-Security-Number... .  NON-BANK entities other than the several States and the Federal government are prohibited from requirering your Social Security number by the Privacy Act of 1974.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.