Physical Address?

justme_j
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my problem.  My card is about to expire and I received an email saying I need to change my address because they can't send a Debit Card to my mailing address (PO Box) so they need my physical address.  I don't get mail there but it's a small enough town that the postmaster knows who I am and will still give me my mail if it's sent to my physical address.  But I have to verify my address with a Credit Card.  I don't have any credit cards.  My bank Debit Card can be used for Credit transactions, but it is mailed to my mailing address.  Any ideas on how to get this sorted out?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

D1X1E
Contributor
Contributor

A lot of us in the same boat. I cannot verf my physical address either with a credit card because like you, all my mail goes to PO box. I called paypal and so far it seems I am out of luck. They will only mail the debit card to home address but one must verify that home address by credit card. Looking over the forum there seems to be many with this very problem. The only solution I see is to change the address of one credit card to home and enter that for verification. I think though, I will just learn to live without the paypal debit. Here is something ironic/funny. Paypal uses a po box address themselves.

Login to Me Too

millenglen
Contributor
Contributor

I have the answer.  If a P.O. Box is your only address, or you do not wish to have your street address registered, there is a way around this situation.  Log in to your Paypal account, click the profile tab in your account, choose change address, and when there, if your P.O. box is already registered as a valid address, make this your "home" address, and remove the "P.O." from your address line, for example, instead of "P.O. Box 1234", just make it "Box 1234" and save it as your home address, but make sure it is the same as the address you used for your credit card billing address, and you should be all set.  Aloha from Hawaii.  Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Ramulus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow!! That's interesting. I never knew that. Do I smell a rat!!

Login to Me Too

FrankieD223

I had the exact same problem. All (and I mean ALL) of my financial mail goes to my PO Box, inside of a USPS office.

Everyone else is fine sending replacement cards, statements or whatever to the PO Box. Even my Wells Fargo BusinessLine MasterCard. The a$$ I spoke with at PP says it's a new regulation from MasterCard - and will soon be adopted by ALL financial companies - that they will not send replacement cards to a PO Box. They must go to a physical address.  Total crap.

He even wanted me to change my billing address on another card FROM the PO Box TO my street address just so their card would authenticate. He said "that's why we sent these notices so early". So I've got to go to all of this pain in the a$$ to change ANOTHER card's address from a securely locked PO Box to an insecure mailbox on the side of the road - just so I can check out with PayPal so I can get my debit card replaced when it expires ???

I don't need their debit card.

I cancelled the thing.

It'll be a cold day in you know where when I give up the security of a LOCKED PO BOX for an insecure mailbox on the side of the road.

Login to Me Too

opsuper1

I just got off the phone with PP rep and I was given the "Federal regulation" line.   My bank has no problem sending my "check card" to the secure PO box.  I will not be changing my financial information to have my bank transaction sent to my home address so that I can get PP's new debit card.  We sell through eBay and we have been told buyers can only pay with PP (which eBay owns), so we now get charged fees from eBay and fees from PP for accepting payments, and now they want to tell me where I can get my mail!!  I don't think so.

Login to Me Too

Ramulus
Contributor
Contributor

So true!!

Login to Me Too

Ramulus
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through crap also becaue my bank is registered to a verified PO box I have had for over 15 years! I do not have perminant place of residence and everytime I try to add a temporary address of stay they will not approve my application. What the heck is going on?

In addition, I wonder if they considered that I have been a customer and Paypal debit card holder for quite some time. Also, my credit union on file is in fact using my P.O. Box as a verified place of residence. Furthermore, this has all come into play after contacting their representatives in effort to obtain a new debit card. I strongly believe that I nor my account is fraudulent. I am very disturbed as to why Paypal has assumed that I am a fraudulent individual even after following ther company's recommendations. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.