Physical Address?

justme_j
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my problem.  My card is about to expire and I received an email saying I need to change my address because they can't send a Debit Card to my mailing address (PO Box) so they need my physical address.  I don't get mail there but it's a small enough town that the postmaster knows who I am and will still give me my mail if it's sent to my physical address.  But I have to verify my address with a Credit Card.  I don't have any credit cards.  My bank Debit Card can be used for Credit transactions, but it is mailed to my mailing address.  Any ideas on how to get this sorted out?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

lynntoo
New Community Member

I received the same email and am unsure what to do.  My physical address is NOT recognized by the post office (homeowner's association too cheap to buy mailboxes).  I can receive UPS packages, but nothing from USPS.  ALL my mail comes to my PO Box.  Paypal email also says my physical address must match the address on my linked bank account - but that account only has my PO Box address.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

justme_j
Contributor
Contributor

After talking to PayPal for several days, we finally came up with this for my address and it worked for them.  Curious to see if it works when they mail my card...

Box # - Physical Address

City, State  Zip

Do not put PO Box.  PayPal will not accept it.

Login to Me Too

D1X1E
Contributor
Contributor

Are you saying you put your box number and your physical adress?  Wouldnt that be 2 different addresses and would the post office deliver it.

Login to Me Too

coaxkid
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this problem, our rural community does not have home delivery, just PO Boxes.

Paypal said you can't include PO Box in your address, but this worked for me. I got my debit card.

Coaxkid

physical address

B XXX

my town, my state, my zip

Login to Me Too

txmom
New Community Member

How does that work in regards to confirming your address? I just went throught this today with someone on PayPal on the phone. The individual I talked with had no interest whatsoever in helping me resolve the issue.

I live in a small town and cannot get home mail delivery. My bank debit card is delivered to my PO box, as is all my other mail. I tried to explain the situation to the person I talked to. He just kept repeating that "you are not the only person affected." He was totally uninterested in solutions to the issue.

I am about ready to close out my PayPal account, which I have had for several years.

Login to Me Too

RageM
New Community Member

I seem to have ran into a similar problem. I have a PayPal Debit Card that's about to expire and I want to replace it. Thing is, they're trying to send it to an old address and I want to use my current physical address. But in order to do that, they want a credit card to verify this address, and at the moment I have no cards I can use (in fact, my PayPal is my only active account right now) and I'm in a little financial hole. Do I have to get a new bank/credit card just so I can get my new debit card? Seems kinda trivial to get a new card just to get a replacement card.

Login to Me Too

justme_j
Contributor
Contributor

After talking to PayPal for several days, we finally came up with this for my address and it worked for them, I was able to confirm my address.  Curious to see if it works when they mail my card...

Box # - Physical Address

City, State  Zip

Do not put PO Box.  PayPal will not accept it.

Login to Me Too

nehisoda
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat,  I'll try that Box# workaround.

phone help at paypal was useless.

Login to Me Too

rbusch43
New Community Member

I asked the postmaster and they said that the physical address comes first, then put Box# afterward. Paypal needs to get some better folks to handle their telephone lines. Those people are rude.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.