Having a problem applying for a Paypal Debit Card

Wayne_Brady
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I've got a problem. I need to apply for a paypal debit card, but I've got a problem. I have a premier account and everything, I'm on the third step in which you need to enter a credit card number. I don't have a credit card at the moment, but as I live with my family and the billing address for my sister's, mother's and father's credit card is the house where I live I tried entering those 3. None worked as they're all already verified for a paypal account. I don't exactly understand why they won't work even if they are verified if the credit card number is just used for checking the billing address. Is there anyway I can still use them or is there another way I can verify my address?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

First, please don't enter your family's cards.  Entering another individuals financial information onto your account is not recommended, and can cause larger problems down the road.  If you don't have a credit card, though, you might consider adding your bank debit card.  You can register it just like you would a credit card, and it should be able to confirm a billing address that way!  Smiley Happy\

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

KEBB
New Community Member

This is for anyone in Admin

I submitted all the required information including my personal bank debit card info. I waited for the deposites into my account and verified the amounts, but I was sent an email saying I was denied for a Pay Pal debit mastercard. No reasons were given. I am starting a website for my business and want to add the buy button linked to my account but wont be able to do so if I have no way of accessing my money in that account.

Why was I denied.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Kebb!

Moderators cannot comment on account specifics, so if you have specific questions about why your application was denied, you'll want to reach out directly to PayPal customer service via the "Contact Us" link.  Select help via email or phone.  If you call, be sure to ask for the debit card department.

Also, there are additional withdrawal options in the US  beyond the debit card, although they aren't as fast (although one is free!).  To view your full list of withdrawal options, click on "Withdraw" at the top after logging in.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.