Syncb/PPC Showing on credit report

Lx93mustang50
New Community Member

credit Karma is showing a balance for Syncb/PPC it just showed up in the past 60 days.  I have contacted syncb and paypal with no luck.  One lady was able to tell me she saw an account from 2006 and it was closed in 2018.  However she could not tell me if there was a balance and why this is just now showing up.  I don't know who else to contact at this point to get this matter resolved.    

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jraed86
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me. An account showed up that says it was opened in 2013, and that it has been paid and closed as of December 1. I never opened a credit account or used it, or paid it.  I have not been able to get in touch with anyone to help me with it. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lx93mustang50, @Jraed86,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent update on your credit reports. I would recommend reaching directly out to PayPal Credit one more time to see what information they are able to provide. You can find their information at the bottom of this page.

If you're unable to find any assistance you require there, you may want to reach directly out one of the credit reporting agencies for further assistance: 

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285

Experian: 1-888-397-3742

TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289

Although each CRA is a separate entity, you only have to contact one of the CRAs and they will automatically notify the other two when an inquiry is opened. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

somegolfer
Contributor
Contributor

I have just looked at my USA credit report and seen that my score has gone down 198 points!!  I find that I have a Syncb/ppc credit card that was opened on 16 Dec 2019 with a limit of $500.  £100 was charged to be repaid at £28 pm.  A payment has been missed.  I moved from USA to Scotland over 4 years ago and have never had a Paypal credit card. Someone has used my name and/or soc security number to obtain this card. What do I do?  Please help. 

Login to Me Too

TripleTee78
Contributor
Contributor
its the bank that paypal has contracted with to issue approvals and sets our initial credit line; Synchronicity Bank. this disclosure is on last page at the bottom of page in very small print on the application we complete when applying for a PayPal Credit line.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.