Paying taxes with PAYPAL Credit

KMC-knox
New Community Member

I've done my taxes through Turbotax and I don't know how to access my credit card to pay my taxes.  Do I have an account number to enter?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can use PayPal's plastic credit cards to pay. Turbotax accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and pre-paid cards with a U.S. billing address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They do not accept PayPal Credit aka Billmelater, nor have checkout through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

ninsecond95
Contributor
Contributor

How do I use a paypal account to pay federal tax's?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Most of these online tax filing sites accept credit/debit cards for paying taxes, even the IRS.  You will need to sign up for PayPal debit card or a PayPal credit card.

Login to Me Too

klknott
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to use my PAYPAL CREDIT account to pay Federal Taxes online?

PAYPAL CREDIT can not be linked to a Paypal Debit card.  I have both products (Paypal Credit & Paypal Debit card) and have been told they can not be linked.  The debit card can be used with Paypal itself (and/or funded by a bank account), but for some reason does not link to Paypal Credit.

Does anyone have other ideas to use an existing Paypal Credit account to pay Federal taxes online when those sites don't accept Paypal and only accept credit cards?  I have the credit line and would like to use it, but don't know how.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

duplicate post.

you cannot use Paypal line of credit to pay taxes,period !

Login to Me Too

recurse
New Community Member

The IRS approved payment service, https://payusatax.com/ DOES accept PAYPAL CREDIT!  

You must select the PayPal option during the payment process (I believe it's under Step 3 - Payment Information) and from there you can select PayPal Credit if it's not your default payment method! 

Login to Me Too

Jenbean1977
New Community Member
I used this option last year to pay my taxes. They charge a fee to do it but it's typically less than what you'd pay the IRS with their payment arrangement.
Login to Me Too

dalimoman
New Community Member

You are wrong. I just paid my Federal Income taxes with PayPal credit. it was easy. I'm glad I kept reading instead of just accepting your answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.