PayPal Credit payment of over 1k never credited to account

usmc88
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment of well over $1000 in February to PayPal Credit, and it still has not been credited to my account.  Dozens of phone calls, faxes, and "resolution center" complaints have gotten me nowhere.

Background info-  The payment was sent via automatic bill pay from my bank to the billing address that I had been using for years.  As it turns out, the billing address had changed perhaps a year ago.  It seems as if PayPal credit's (formerly Bill Me Later) payment processor had switched hands.  The new processor is Synchrony Bank, and the old one is Comenity Bank.

Be that as it may, my other payments (including a $1500 payment made two days prior) had been made at the old address without incident.  After I sent the 1.5k payment, I got an email saying that if I sent another payment to that address, that "there would be a delay in processing".  Unfortunately, the next payment was already in the mail.

Synchrony Bank customer service people always tell me "Your problem has been escalated to a supervisor, and it will take two billing cycles to resolve".  They tell me this for over 4 months now.  Honestly, I have zero confidence that anyone whatsoever is doing anything about it.  After every time I call, I get a letter in the mail stating "The payment was not credited because Synchrony Bank did not cash the check".  

I have in my possession the canceled check (which cleared my bank in February) that was endorsed by PayPal Credit.

Calls to Comenity Bank are just as fruitless.  "We have no record of that account, because we no longer have anything to do with PayPal Credit".

My bank says "Payment was sent, received, and cashed by the recipient.  Our work is done".

Is there anyone anywhere that can actually do something about this?  I cannot write-off such a huge payment. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

usmc88
Contributor
Contributor

Yet again, all they ever do is transfer my call elsewhere, or the phone call gets conveniently dropped mid-conversation like just happened two minutes ago.

I'm at my wit's end here.

Quick summary-  Comenity Bank, the former servicer for PayPal Credit, cashed my check of over $1300 in February.  My account with PayPal Credit was never credited, and Comnity now "has no records of your account number". 

Login to Me Too

usmc88
Contributor
Contributor

No one from PayPal monitors these forums?

Login to Me Too

usmc88
Contributor
Contributor

After many phone calls and faxes, spanning several months, I still have no resolution.

Accepting a very large payment, then not crediting my account (and playing dumb about it) is completely unacceptable.

What is going to happen is they are going to say that I'm past due on my account, charge me full interest (the balance consists of 6 month no-interest purchases), and report me to the credit agencies.

But I have a canceled check endorsed by "PayPal Credit".  I think that I will win that argument, but I would rather not be hassled by them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.