Can I purchase an Amazon Gift Card using Paypal Credit?

Imagumby
New Community Member

I recently tried to purchase an amazon gift card, through several different means using my paypal credit as the payment source. It seems that every time, it was somehow declined but paypal when purchasing through the paypal site or even the merchant (gyft). They never give and actual reason other than declined for security reasons. All my info is correct and my balance is adequate. Is there some sort of policy that prevents this type of purchase?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

use a Paypal extra MC credit card,or Paypal business debit card or Paypal prepaid debit card.

Login to Me Too

MasterPlanner
New Community Member

I don't have those.  I have a credit and I want to use the credit.  How can this be done ?

Login to Me Too

ZCap
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue recently. I believe they don't allow this to prevent folks from simply buying lots of gift cards to use as cash/ sell for cash and then not paying the credit bill, essentially **bleep** amazon out of the money. 

Login to Me Too

Trout121180
Contributor
Contributor
Which is weird because I was sent an email specifically stating that you could buy Amazon gift cards using pay pal credit.
Login to Me Too

Marymoffit
New Community Member

Same here, is it scam mail?

Login to Me Too

Carrie2France
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone figure out the answer? PayPal advertised on my account summary Purchase Amazon.Com Gift Card and pay later but it doesn't allow me to use my PayPal credit.  Why advertise it that way if you can't do it that way?

Login to Me Too

maidende
New Community Member
I've been trying to buy an amazon gift card with my PP balance,  either via PP directly or various online e gift card sellers, for well over a year with no luck. I always het 'your order can't be processed/completed (at this time)' type messages. It is absolutely infuriating! 
Login to Me Too

meyna
New Community Member
Gyft worked for me. I had the same problems, but I turned off my ad blocker and allowed cookies and did it on a laptop browser and it finally worked without further problems. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be selling Amazon gift cards anymore.
Login to Me Too

Chris1970
Contributor
Contributor
What you have to do is your PayPal credit and buy a Gyft card For the amount that you desire then turn around and do use that card to purchase an Amazon card otherwise it will be declined but no information
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.