Anyone here get Paypal Credit to settle with them since Synchrony took over?

ChaseLamar
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm staring down the barrel of a $2700 debt with a high minimum payment that I know is just not feasible for me anymore. COVID hit myself and my significant other hard. She has MS (for anyone who has any knowledge of anything medical, this is a big deal) and did not work for 3 months because the company she worked for at the time refused to let her work from home. She has since found another job that is suitable for her in these times but we fell on financial difficulties with only me carrying the load for 3 months.

We've been threatened with eviction, she has had her Car repossessed (after Ford motor company assured her there was nothing to worry about and that all her payments for those 3 months she missed of work would be deferred to the end of the loan but that's a totally different gripe) resulting in us having to borrow money from her father, and have went hungry on a couple of different occasions. Living expenses aren't cheap, especially in the summertime in the southeastern United States.

I was able to get relief from Synchrony for 3 months but I just got the dreaded email saying my benefits have ended and I'm looking at the balance and the minimum that's going to be due in a month and I know I just can't do it. Our bills and everything are so far behind. I'd rather eat a settlement on my credit report than I would be to fork over a minimum payment that would take me years to pay off at this point since I am no longer able to save money to make big fat payments.

Has anyone successfully gotten them to settle? What was the result? How easy was it? I know they have a lot of good reps but I have heard some horror stories.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.