software update

carol060957
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an email from Paypal regarding a software update to take effect on 9th July. 2019 when I have re-set my card reader.  I need to know if this is genuine as I have been receiving fake emails during an eBay transaction.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Zurego
Contributor
Contributor

The promised software update push does not appear to have happened, I logged on and connected this morning, but no instructions appeared as the email had suggested. Confused!

Login to Me Too

We01
Contributor
Contributor
I've been trying as well nothing happening I've emailed customer services
Login to Me Too

foreverrose
Contributor
Contributor

Let us know if you hear anything please no push update for me either.

Login to Me Too

spiritof52
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, just tried the update as well and nothing has happened. When I check the app it says my software is up to date. Very confusing!

Login to Me Too

BFleeceFiber
Contributor
Contributor

The update was supposed to happen at 6:00 pm Pacific time (which was 50 minutes ago)...I followed all instructions and nothing happened, so now I'm wondering if it was a fake e-mail.  Thanks for posting this - I hope they respond soon to let us know!

Login to Me Too

spiritof52
Contributor
Contributor

tried it again this morning (07:00 GMT) and hey presto update came through. seems like paypal may have got their dates/times wrong 🙂

Login to Me Too

foreverrose
Contributor
Contributor

As if by magic..... 😁 I am now updated as well!

Login to Me Too

Dottyd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi has anyone had any problems updating the software on the card reader I have been trying all day but getting nowhere I have reset card reader back to factory settings and uninstalled and reinstalled paypal app but it just sitting all the time saying its updating but nothing is actually happening i have been trying this since 7 hours ago and its really frustrating any advice would be great thanks 

Login to Me Too

Jane991
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue - just sits there saying 'Downloading 1/2' but not moving on. Is anyone else having the same issue? Did you manage to resolve it? TIA.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.