how to change my business account into personal

neilapares
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I opened a business paypal account here in Dubai as I was not able to see the personal option. maybe it is not allowed here? problem is, i cannot link my local bank account as only US bank account needed. Is there a chance  i could changed into personal account? please advise.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neilapares 

You can't add a local bank account in your country.
You can only add a linked card.
The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts. This is because Paypal is a U.S company.

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neil40
New Community Member
Thank you for the info. It really helps. Even if I now opened a personal account, I still cannot linked my local bank? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.