Requesting Reasonable Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

SpaceyJayCee
New Community Member

I need to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for a change in the required sign-in steps.  I want to request that the 6-digit code required to be entered when signing in be sent to me by email, voice phone, and/or by permitting me to answer my security questions, rather than be sent to a mobile phone.  I have arthritis and using text devices is often difficult and painful, and for that reason, I rarely use them.  Until last week, I never needed to sign-in with a texted six-digit code.  I am finding it very difficult.  I can't help notice that PayPal is happy to send codes needed to retrieve or reset passwords by alternate routes, not just by text message, but also by email, voice phone message, answering security questions, etc.  Surely it would not be unreasonable for them to send these 6-digit text codes with these alternative routes, too, especially since I did not need to enter these text six digit codes at all until just last week.  Does anyone have any information where best to send my request or how to submit ADA requests to PayPal?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SpaceyJayCee 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SpaceyJayCee
New Community Member

Yes, I've already used social media, calling them, etc., -- any route I can find.  I've confirmed my country to them.  But it's been like talking to a wall.  Some of them are very polite and understanding but none of them has the authority to change anything or know who to send my situation to.  So I've concluded I need to get their legal staff's attention since whoever oversees and implements the sign-in requirements is, so far, impossible to reach.  Frankly, I would love this to result in the legal department dressing down the people whoever decided to restrict the 6-digit codes be sent exclusively by mobile/texting device, because it's kind of bonehead.  It makes no sense to offer to send password reset codes so many different ways, but then block people from getting these 6-digit sign-in codes from anything but a mobile phone.  Yet getting PalPay to realize this has, so far, been an ordeal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.