How to cancel A payment

MadHatter71
Contributor
Contributor

Ok bought a mini fridge from a place and payment is pending, never got any email or message from said place so no confirmation email opr anything. Started to worry tried to go on to site today and nothing web hosting comes up. Now trying to cancel pending payment and I cant as there is no cancel button.

Tried to contact paypal to help and cant get thru on phone, nobody is answering on chat is there any other way to stop this before the money moves across.

Cheers James

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadHatter71 

You can only cancel a pending payment if its gone to a non existent email address and has a cancel option as the payment can't ever complete.

If its gone to an email address that does exist but not yet linked to a paypal account then as long as its not claimed by that email address (by them setting up a paypal account) then it will be time out 30 days post payment.

If its pending awaiting authorisation to a company then ask the company to cancel your order and not to capture the pending payment.

If they don't and its still not claimed then it will time out 30 days post payment.

If its a pending echeque then once its cleared you can ask the seller to refund it back to you as you can't cancel a pending echeque.

If it completes and you do not get your item or it arrives mis-described then you have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute.

However if its tat coming from China from a China website or social media ad then post back if you hit more issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MadHatter71
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah seems the site is down and a new different site has opened up, tried emailing and nothing its looking like the money is going to sit in limbo for 30 days meaning I cant get a fridge from another supplier. 

Its that old motto if it looks to good to be true then it probably is, ah well at least I haven't lost the money. Just feel there should be someway to cancel a pending payment in cases like this where the money hasn't went to supplier.

But hey ho 28 days and counting lol. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.