How do I contact PayPal to let them know I have received my refund?

Salmachine
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a bike from someone. I then changed my mind and he agreed to refund my money, less fees. He has asked me to contact PayPal to inform them that I have received the money so that he doesn't get charged fees. How do I do this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Salmachine, thanks for reaching us here in the Community Forum. As of this time, we have limited customer service on the phone. A refund will always and must be initiated by the seller. If the seller issues a refund, it will be automatically credited to the funding source you used to pay it. If it was paid using a card or bank account, it will be deposited to that funding source. You have to communicate with the seller for a refund. Once a seller initiated it, you will receive an email from PayPal co firming refund. PayPal will only intervene or will help you get your money back if you filed a dispute here in PayPal. Please attempt to communicate with the seller one more time,if they refused to refund it, you may file a dispute here in PayPal. Hope this helps. Here's How to dispute a payment. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.