New Community Member

Is pay pal HIPAA compliant?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Need more details concerning your question.   For example:  Are you using PayPal in some way that's related to Health Care, i.e., like paying a bill or billing customers ?  

Basically PayPal is online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and other commercial users.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Need more details concerning your question.   For example:  Are you using PayPal in some way that's related to Health Care, i.e., like paying a bill or billing customers ?  

Basically PayPal is online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and other commercial users.

Login to Me Too

darrenra
New Community Member

Unless you signed a Business Associate Agreement with paypal, which I'm sure they don't offer, paypal is not HIPAA compliant. I would not accept payments for healthcare services through paypal. 

Login to Me Too

mahmoudr1357
Contributor
Contributor
OK mahmoud r1357
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.