Goods and Services fee $0

dallinski
New Community Member

I just sent a payment to someone using Goods and Services. I used a PayPal calculator to figure out how much to send them in order for the seller to receive the agreed-upon amount. But when I look at my transaction, it shows PayPal Fees $0.00 USD and the seller getting the full amount of my transaction. Did PayPal stop charging fees for Goods and Services transactions? Is this a bug in their system? Am I somehow exempt from fees?

The seller is happy because they got a bit more money, so I'm mostly just confused why the fees were $0.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dallinski 

Buyers don't pay fees, only sellers.

Its against paypal rules for sellers to ask their buyers to pay their fees for them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ergFX
New Community Member

That didn't really answer the question, the issue was more about the fact that no fees were taken out of a goods and services payment not about who was paying the fees.

I had a similar issue just now where no fees were taken out of a goods and services payment and am curious what is happening?  Are things getting processed incorrectly and potentially stripping people of the buyer's protection?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.