Friends and Family Payment Fees w/Credit Card

bocceballer
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal web site says there are no fees for friends and family payments.  Is that true if you use a credit card?  According to PayPal, no.  But, they aren't specific and I want to make sure.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in the U.S., you may pay a fee, depending on how you pay.   If the transaction is funded by a credit card, debit card or PayPal Credit - 2.9% of the amount funded this way, plus a fixed fee based on the currency of the transaction.   This is all explained on the Fees page.

Login to Me Too

bocceballer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  The fees page details that for merchants, but not for friends and family.  The fees page just promises us to inform us of any fees for friends and family...very odd.   In fact, on another part of the site, it says that friends and family are free of fees, without specifying any exceptions.  

I also sent a question to customer service which sent an automated reply without an answer.  The automated reply suggests replying if the question was not answered.  This results in a problem message.  

My kids' boy scout troop uses venmo.  I don't recall getting clarification being so difficult.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.