Fraud Merchants

The_Nib
New Community Member

Is there any way to know if a merchant is official on paypal?
So I know if this merchant is a fraud before buying.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Refund2019yeh
Contributor
Contributor

Just had this concern,  did the due diligence thing checked online for reviews, checked seller took Paypal and took that to mean everything was ok.  Placed order.   No receipt just PayPal confirmation email.  Thought I take another look at what seller was offering and see that some of the items that I was looking for had gone, but that some very distinctive items from well known companies had appeared and seemed to be the exact same models wearing them.  Checked for reviews and there was suddenly a lot more angry people, some even threatening to sue because their photos were being used.  Phoned PayPal and started a Resolution Case as advised as 'items not received'.   In response to my very clear concerns made about fake site, I got a standard response about 5 - 15 days to process my order,  so I firmly restated my suspicions and asked for a full refund.  It was paid back to me wishing 24hours.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Nib 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.