Attaching a Thai bank account

glawler
New Community Member

Hi! I was wondering if I am able to connect a Thai bank account with PayPal. I have loan payments to make and I am hoping I can attach my Thai bank account so I can send money to my American bank account to make the payments.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glawler

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, glawler. That's a good question, and I'd like to add a bit to the answer provided by @kernowlass.

In general, PayPal may allow a customer to add a US bank account to their PayPal account in addition to a local bank account. In some cases, PayPal may allow only the addition of a Visa branded credit or debit card when it comes to withdrawals. This depends mostly on local financial laws and regulations.

Customers in Thailand do have the option to add a US bank account as well as a local bank account. Please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside and https://www.paypal.com/th/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq686 for more information.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks to you both for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Michael

The reason i gave that answer is because the OP looks to have a U.S paypal account from clicking on his user i.d and if so then surely he can't link a Thai bank account to a U.S paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.