ASking for payment before giving address

antyant0109
New Community Member

I accepted an offer for furniture on 31 May. Payment has not been received although I stipulated payment via Paypal before collection.

.Buyer only made contact 48hrs later when I suggested I would relist item by a certain time if buyer had neither paid nor made contact.

Buyer wants to collect on Tuesday and he still has not paid although I reminded him I would like payment before collection.

He's now asking for my details - can I tell him that I'll give him my address once payment has been received?  Obviously I'll let him know which town so he can plan!

I'm on my 2nd round of trying to sell the item as previous buyers have not materialised - just went silent after 5 days of faffing! Dont want to sound passive aggressive but nor do I want him to contact me on Tuesday to say he's changed his mind. Or just not show up...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Just a thought here but, if you're expecting to backed for PayPal Seller Protection, I don't believe you will be.   As per the User Agreement for Seller Protection, if the items you're selling are to picked up in person or delivered by you, there no Seller Protection.   You would have to be able to ship the items by USPS or UPS, obtain the tracking info and even insure if applicable (not required but, can be helpful).   You are much better off selling local (if possible) and definitely for "cash". 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.