<removed>

Cindylootoo
New Community Member

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Bightstore.com.  This is a fraudulent website offering items such as drums, phones etc.  I dint understand why PayPal allows transactions with a known fraudulent company. I choose PayPal because I understood that it is a secure transaction site.  Allowing fraudulent sellers to use PayPal Legitimizes the company and gives a false sense of security to purchasers.

paypal needs to step up their game if they want to provide a safe transaction environment and get rid of sellers who are not legitimate 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cindylootoo 

Paypal is a payment processor and millions upon millions of sellers / merchants / sites offer it as a payment option.

Paypal cannot vet every single one.

The onus is on you to research who you buy from and risk assess your own transactions.

Paypal only give you some buyer protection the rest is up to you.

Easy to avoid scam websites.....

Chinese / Asia Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.