i got hacked. How can i report a cyber crime?

NatCham
Contributor
Contributor

Over the course of a year i was talking with a fabric manufacturer. He sent me samples and after a few months of back and forth i finally made an order.  There was alot of back and forth over the logistics and it actually took a whole year to get to the point where i actually made the order.  Looking back it is easy to see what happened but at the time i was oblivious to the fact that an extra recipient had added itself to our conversation stream. He altered the manufacturers email by one letter out of place and then altered mine by one letter. As soon as the financial negotiations took place he took over. He told me to message him on his whatsapp and became the middle man. He wrote to the manufacturer pretending to be me and wrote to me pretending to be them he altered the documents and the invoices towards himself. Neither of us noticed we were being manipulated.  Then he asked for payment via Western union which i said i was unable to do and i requested the paypal information instead. I then made the payment.  Afterwards he then sent me a message giving the actual manufactures whats app and we began talking about payment again and i realized we had been hacked. i am now unable to claim the money back from payapl as they dont recognize issue. But who can stop these people? Who can i report this to?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.