Refund

Harleyyoung124
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I was refunded money off a seller off eBay and my money had still not come through but this was nearly 2 weeks ago now and I messaged the seller and he showed me evidence that he had sent me a refund I was just wondering if you might know whats happend
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harleyyoung124

Did you get a paypal email to say a refund was issued?

Does the refund show in your paypal transaction list but not in balance?

How did you fund the payment to the seller that was refunded?

Is the refund showing or showed as temp hold or pending.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Harleyyoung124
Contributor
Contributor
No it doesn’t appear in activity but I did get a email from PayPal and I payed through PayPal balance
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harleyyoung124

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie refund rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Harleyyoung124
Contributor
Contributor
No that was my most recent payment but it isn’t in my activity showing any refund has been given but he’s sent me a picture from his PayPal account showing it’s has and PayPal sent me an email say he has
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.