Possible Scam regarding Gumtre please read the following and let me know if this sounds wrong

Syjosh05
Contributor
Contributor

I had this email com thrugh regarding the sale of my bmw.

Hi Mate 

I want you to consider thhe bike sold and cancel every other appointment regarding your bike as I'm buying for y son who has greaduated. Please forward me any available pictures but sadly wont be able to come and inspect or pick up the bike myself due to work away from home overseas and due to part of our security messures we are not allowed to make calls.

A mover agent will come and pickup the bike at your preffered locatin after payment and rregarding my payment, i can only pay via paypal at the momment as i d not have acsess to my banking but will pay the paypal fees as i requested the paypal. dont hesitate to get back to me with the payment email and the pickup locatin.....

when i stated someone was coming to look at the bike   he then replied 

ok thank yu please could yu forward his or hers details s i can talk to them regarding the bike....

the question is     is this  fraudualnt email  many thanks 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Syjosh05

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment, don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via western union, moneygram or walmart etc BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Syjosh05
Contributor
Contributor
Hi just an update for you...the bikes now sold to a private member BUT saying this I'm still receiving now harsh emails form the same sender...I've explained the bike has been sold and how he's pushing me to pass his details to the buyer as he and I quote " want to buy the bike of him " Many thanks Simon
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.