Paypal Fees V.S. eBay Managed Payments Fees

Trainman52
New Community Member

I jumped in on eBay's Managed Payments Roll Out last year and found many buyers cancelled their orders because they could not pay with PayPal.  In addition, partial refunds, ie. shipping overage, could not be made.  The system as a whole was most undesirable, with their awaiting payments, payment in que, payment made, payment sent.....it took an accountant to track your sales!  I was immediately enrolled in Managed Payments, but it took almost two weeks to get out of it.  Yesterday, Ebay called me to invite me back and shared all the new improvements, accepting PayPal, refund capability, 30 basis points lower.  I am dubious of returning, as I have come to enjoy the benefits of PayPal, the biz card, the immediate access to funds.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Has anyone experienced similar results?  Is Managed Payments the way of the future, or just eBay trying to buy their way into the payment business?

Trainman52

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.