PayPal invoices

Courtenayamber
Contributor
Contributor

I recently received a PayPal invoice from a business who has agreed to hand make a product for me. They’ve asked that I pay the whole invoice upfront but I’m reluctant to do so in case something goes wrong/ I don’t receive the items etc. If I agree to pay the invoice, will I be able to to get my money back should something go wrong?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Courtenayamber

Well no seller is going to make / send you an item before being paid so your best bet is to.......

Read up on Paypals buyer protection policy and then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Courtenayamber
Contributor
Contributor
True but not many businesses would expect an invoice to be paid in full before they began any work. Paying half upfront and half on delivery apparently wasn’t an option so I wanted to know my options before agreeing to anything. Couldn’t seem to find much on how the invoicing on PayPal worked so just thought I’d ask.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Courtenayamber

Which is why reading up on buyer protection is the best advice i can give you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

there is no buyer protection on customs order,go to paypal to review buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.