PayPal fees

Amlanjyoti
New Community Member

Today I recieved an amount of $2 from a friend in USA as a demo for my PayPal account. But when I recieved the money it showed that Amount $2 . Fees $0.46 and Total $1.54. I searched and found out that PayPal charges 4% for international transaction. But in my case they are taking 23% as fees. Can anyone have tell me about this? IMG_20210204_234222.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amlanjyoti 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee. 

However its against paypal rules to use option 2 for any selling of goods or services and they randomly check those transactions to make sure you are not abusing that feature. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tuksoil
Contributor
Contributor

"to make sure you are not abusing that feature."

I hope they would also not abuse the fees they charge to us when sending payments.

This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tuksoil 

Huh???

Did you actually read my post?

I was talking about using the friends/family option for paying for purchases which is against paypal rules and they will limit your account if you abuse the family/friends option by doing so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.