PayPal Does not want my Business

Unhappy6
New Community Member

Just got off the phone with Louise about blocking a customer from making payments to me through Paypal. I have asked the customer to stop making payments due to the high merchant fees in Paypal. She refuses because its "easier" for her than through my POS online system. For the last year, there was no fee. Since August, Paypal has been charging 3.22% on the transaction. My system would only charge me 2.18%. I was told that they cannot block a customer, and the only way to avoid the charges is to close the account. Has anyone succeeded at closing a Paypal account? That is just as difficult as blocking a customer from making a payment. I said that I am closing the account, and not using the Paypal services. There was no resistance, just a "go ahead and see if I care" response. Horrible, terrible service from this company. Paypal is also the most spoofed website in the world. You always have to watch yourself against fraud. I will no longer use this service. I am more than happy not to have to deal with this company. The larger a company is, the worse they are with customers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.