PayPal Business accounts nolonger welcome to use Xoom Service

akpnw
New Community Member

I have been using Xoom for about six to seven months. I really liked the service because it integrated with my PayPal account, I did not need another login or have to store my financial information again with some other site. Because I have had a PayPal account for a long time and feel that they are a trustworthy company, I was excited to find that I now had the option to send money overseas to mobile wallets etc. Unfortunately recently when I tried to login to Xoom I was not able to, I got the message "You currently can’t use Xoom with your PayPal business account. Use your personal PayPal account to access Xoom. If you don’t have one yet, it’s easy to sign up. Go to our Help Center to find out more.". I had no idea that my account was a business account, I vaguely remember setting it up this way 20+ years ago so that I could have some benefit when using PayPal with ebay. I really do not see the benefit in either having to create another PayPal account, or having to duplicate my financial information on Xoom's site. It really takes the convenience factor out of Xoom / PayPal integration, especially since this is their biggest selling point, their exchange rates are not that impressive. 

So if you have a PayPal Business account and want to use the Xoom service, you have three options. 

1. Downgrade your PayPal Business account to a PayPal Personal account.

2. Create a 2nd PayPal account, setting it up as a personal account. 

3. Create a Xoom account and duplicate all your information on the Xoom site. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.