PPP loan application status

COND52
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone answer as to why there is no possible way to check on a PPP loan application status?  I applied about two weeks ago and haven't heard any reply.  And please don't tell me to go here because that is a dead end:  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-apply-for-the-paycheck-protection-program-(ppp)...

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

cstullis
Contributor
Contributor

Agree. It has been two weeks for me too. I haven't received any email communication for next steps or where to send my documents. There is no one to speak with and no way to check the status of my loan application with Pay Pal. IT is completely frustrating waiting with no help!

Login to Me Too

COND52
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is.  It sounds like we are in the same boat.  It is very frustrating when there is no place to do a search for the status of your application, especially when you are logged in.  I submitted another application just a few minutes ago.  I have no idea if that will help or hurt. Also, the SBA has made this whole process clear as mud for someone like me, an independent contractor operating under my personal name with no business registration.  I should have registered as an LLC 2 years ago, but that's hindsight.  I have now registered as an LLC, but not until early April, so that doesn't help me for the purpose of applying for the PPP loan. If you hear anything from PayPal, comment here again please and I will do the same.  Kind of a "dead man's pact." 

Login to Me Too

cstullis
Contributor
Contributor

I am in exactly the same boat as you are as an independent contractor. I think I have submitted 3 apps now with PayPal and am beginning to look at different Fintech's to help. I did this just to be certain it wasn't a processing error on my part or something timed out. If Pay Pal wants to be a player in the fintech distribution of PPP's then they need to get there act together with communicating better and have links for people to check on application status and a confirmation of application number otherwise they are potentially wasting our hope and time! So absolutely frustrating!!!!

Login to Me Too

COND52
Contributor
Contributor

Comment back if you find another lender that will work for our situation.  Are you registered as a business or were you operating under your personal name like me? 

Login to Me Too

cstullis
Contributor
Contributor

My own name too. Was supposed to form an LLC in January, but waited and now this mess. 😞

Login to Me Too

cstullis
Contributor
Contributor

I applied through Kabbage then it asked me to upload all my documents and my banking information. I can also log back in and check the status of my application. I also got an immediate email confirmation. Life is good! It seems legit. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

vtbmpskier
Contributor
Contributor

I think its wierd that the loan was going through Web bank and now in order to check your status your having to go through Loanbuilder?? never heard of that service. I dont know if Paypal changed lenders between the first and second round or what.

Login to Me Too

Cleveland2
New Community Member
Same. Will we ever find out?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.