June 30, 2018 deadline for updating browser

btmullenix
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ordinary account (but my debit card says 'Business' on it).  I just use PayPal to purchase items from e-bay (mostly).  My browsers are already at the top of their abilities and I can't afford to purchase a new computer.  Am I really not going to be able to see my PayPal account after 6/30/18?  Am I supposed to withdraw my money and close the account?  Seriously, what are 'poor' people supposed to do here?  I'm on a fixed income and have to watch every penny, and am unable to accommodate PayPal's upgrade request.  Would it make a difference if I had a personal account, in which case, how do I change from Business to Personal?  (Don't know how I got on Business in the first place).  I read the policy information and am completely lost, as I have no idea what all those initials stand for or if I use them to make purchases.  And even if I can continue to make purchases, if I can't see my account, I won't be able to track purchases or ask questions.  This is all very confusing for non-computer literate elderly people!

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

Kittinkle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Phyl_B
New Community Member

How do I update the browser on Amazon Kindle?

Login to Me Too

plynch
New Community Member

Google chrome says updated with Version 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit). What is the sand box site? It won't let me log in with my Pay Pal info.

Login to Me Too

kevopilis
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same thing, went to the "sandbox" site- a term that no one has ever heard of, the page loads, then claims my email address

and password is incorrect. No wonder PayPal needs security upgrades if this is how they operate, not long ago, I had a problem transferring money to my

bank, and I don't think they believed me, and kept giving me these stupid instructions about cookies and data caches, eventually, the issue disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared.

Back to this upgrade baloney-these paypal individuals are causing needless stress and panic among people who are led to believe they won't be able

to use paypal on 7-1-18. I have internet explorer 11, there is no further upgrade possible, I've tried. The paypal instructions are unclear, do not provide simple answers, and frankly are the product of individuals who have no conception of the issues that are coming up for users. I find this theme among companies condescending, and just changed banks because the their website kept hassling me about security codes, sure- upgrade your system and **bleep** your customers. Apparently, many of us are simply going to wait until we get kicked out of paypal- if it happens and deal with it then. I can't believe that every person using eBay is going to need some upgrade apparently meant for merchants. Quit scaring innocent people and put real answers for actual questions on your help pages, that automated stuff is worthless.

Login to Me Too

mike4080
New Community Member

Trying to update browser on a personal account.  Site says it does not recognize my PW.  Try to update PW and it says it does not recognize my email address.  Asks me to enter three email addresses I might have used.  I have used the same one for years and have no other.  Thus, I am unable to update my browser.  STUCK!

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Which web browser are you trying to update ?

Login to Me Too

shooeynewton
New Community Member

got a message saying i needed to upgrade my browser. is this legit

Login to Me Too

Halfpenny
Contributor
Contributor

email received today told me "the browser you are currently using is not compliant with our security standards and will no longer be supported" but when I went to test the browser it loaded the test page...which the instructions said indicated the browser is compliant.

Totally confused by this email and don't know what more to do...if I need do anything or not???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Halfpenny

If it loaded you are up to date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Halfpenny
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.