Fee charged on paying a money request

DarkAvenger
Contributor
Contributor

I've paid dozens of money request lately and no issue, but suddenly on one I paid this morning I've been charged a small fee - WHY? The payment request was no different to the others I've paid so why is this one different?: XXX has sent you a money request Amount Requested: 43.50 GBP [Pay now] As usual I clicked on the 'Pay now' button which launched the PayPal login screen, I logged in, clicked 'Send money' and it said 'You have made a payment of 43.50 GBP to XXX'. The PayPal receipt also says 'You've sent 43.50 GBP to XXX. Yet on the 'Completed' list it's saying I've actually sent 46.72 GBP and when I bring up the full details of the transaction its saying a 'Fee' of 3.22 GBP has been charged - WHY? As I've said I've recently paid dozens of money requests and never been charged a "fee" before! Is it possible the sender accidently set some option before sending the money request or what could the reason be? I'll have to call PayPal on Monday morning and explain the situation and I'm sure they'll refund the fee to my PayPal balance, but I want to know why this has happened so it doesn't occur again. I mean how am I supposed to know now when I click on the "Send money' button whether I'm going to be charged a fee or not? I don't recall a warning message popping up telling me I'm going to be charged a fee, otherwise I wouldn't have proceeded with the payment and contacted the sender to sort it out. I've got five other payment requests to do so I dont want to find out I've been charged a fee on any of these. Is there something I can look for to tell beforehand so I can then explain this to the sender and get them to send a 'corrected?' one.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.