Do I need a new password

Jennib54
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I received and replied to what I now know was a spoof email. Unfortunately I'd already answered the questions it wanted to know about, I'm just wondering if I need another new password. If so this will be the 2nd one in less than a week. I've already made PayPal aware of the spoof email. Many thanks xx

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Jennib54

Yes, you should change your password. You should also notify your bank if you gave any personal details related to your debit/credit cards. Watch your accounts for any unauthorized transactions.

It may be a good idea to stop clicking on links in emails you're unsure of. You can go to the website directly to log in and see if you have any notices, or transactions in your account.

There is also a Security Key feature in your account that will require a one time SMS pin be sent to your phone, every time you log in. This a good way to lock down your account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Jennib54

Yes, you should change your password. You should also notify your bank if you gave any personal details related to your debit/credit cards. Watch your accounts for any unauthorized transactions.

It may be a good idea to stop clicking on links in emails you're unsure of. You can go to the website directly to log in and see if you have any notices, or transactions in your account.

There is also a Security Key feature in your account that will require a one time SMS pin be sent to your phone, every time you log in. This a good way to lock down your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.