Deposit on a PC build

Bro7
New Community Member
Hello. I have been asked to pay a 50% deposit on a custom pc build. Is my deposit covered by any form of protection? Should I avoid this type of transaction? Are there any other options open to me? I was sent a PayPal address in which to deposit, whereas most companies I have dealt with send a request for money with a description of the purchase item.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @Bro7

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I understand you are concerned about a custom PC build you wish to purchase. I know this can be a concerning situation. PayPal aims to protect you on all eligible purchases, should the item ordered not arrive or you receive something significantly different. There are specific guidelines to be covered with our Buyer Protection Program. Custom items are excluded from this and, the purchase must be completed in one payment. To see other guidelines, you may want to review this Help Center article. 

I hope this helps offer some guidance. 

Thank you, 

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.