Costa Rican & USA corporation (currently have a personal account) trying to decide how to upgrade

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and thanks for any help you can offer. I currently have a personal account but am looking to upgrade to a business account or create an entriely new account just for business.

I have both a Costa Rican corporation with corresponding bank account, and also a USA corporation which I am in the process of setting up a bank account.

Some funds will come in to paypal and I will deposit into the costa rican bank account, other funds I will deposit into the USA bank account.
The 2 corporations have different business names although they are both retreat services.

What is the best way to set up an account so I can deposit into both the CR and USA bank accounts? 

I am most concerned about when they ask you for a business name how I would be able to have 2 business names under the same account?

Thanks for any guidance or help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @iwcretreats,

Thank you for your post. How you establish an account depends on where you actually reside. If your residence is in Costa Rica, a Costa Rican account should be opened. If you reside in the US, then a US account should be opened. A Costa Rican account cannot withdraw to a Costa Rican bank account, however. Only US bank accounts can be used for withdrawal in Costa Rica.

For multiple companies, there are a couple of options. Some merchants use one account for multiple businesses, and have a business name that covers both companies under its umbrella. Up to 8 different email addresses can be used on the same account, so payments could be received to different addresses, but into the same account that way. Some companies have a different person in their company open the PayPal account, and that person serves as the contact for the account and point person for the financial aspect of things. For any other solutions, you can visit this page and call the number listed there or use the pop-up chat function to talk to our sales team and discuss if there are solutions that would fit your businesses better.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.